Online services are available a la carte and include:
- Family Support: This foundational service helps parents have the best road map for success. Each student is assessed via video conference to determine goals, best methods and curriculum; regular accountability and quarterly conferences help parent and student stay on track.
- Fast ForWord (K-12): A learning accelerator proven to increase academic performance in just 10 weeks (see www.scilearn.com for details). Also, additional follow-up services through Reading Assistant once students have mastered cognitive skills assignments in Fast ForWord.
- Brain Training: For students with learning challenges, families receive individual help from a Neurodevelopmentalist/ Brain Trainer via video conference. After completing an online survey and screening tool for the student, the parents are taught a sequenced and incremental series of brain developing activities to do with the student. For details, go to: www.centerforneurodevelopment.com/
- Specific courses (with option to earn accredited high school credits and diploma through Academy Northwest):
- Conversational and High School Spanish I-IV
- Aleks (available only for ANW full time or part time students) offer math courses and an online math teacher from basic math through pre-calculus; also Chemistry and SAT math prep with teacher support
- Other Family Academy teacher-developed courses
To register or for details, call Maggie Dail, Family Academy Online Director 253.581.1588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org